The season for weddings is approaching! Of course, with all the June weddings happening, you might just get the idea that you want to move your own relationship to the next level, and to do that you’re going to figure out a way to propose. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
5. An old classic is to take them back to the place you first met. If you first laid eyes on each other on a dinner date, for instance, get the exact same table as that night. Or how about a picnic in the park where you first ran into each other? Every different place has its own things to plan for.
4. If you’re a karaoke-ing couple, change around the lyrics of one of your own old standards and make it a proposal! And if you’d prefer the moment to be a little bit more private, or if you’re not entirely certain about your ability to carry a tune, there are a number of karaoke venues popping up that offer private booths.
3. Record your proposal as an mp3 and sneak it onto one of their favourite iPod playlists. And if their habits are really predictable, you might even be able to time it for when they’re just home from the commute. Just make sure they aren’t right in the middle of exercising or something similar when they hear it; it’s easy to fall off a treadmill or drop a weight on a toe! Or, you can make a playlist of romantic songs plus the proposal! We’ve put together an example here…
2. If you’re talking about the rest of your life, it should be worth splashing the cash. Take your fianc(e)e on a proper luxury vacation to a place they’ve always wanted to visit. A hotel in Dubai or one of the Caribbean resorts should do the trick, especially since some of them have special wedding offers that go beyond just the wedding ceremony! The Burj al Arab in Dubai, for instance, has an entire package available that’ll move heaven and earth to make sure your proposal will be the most special day of your life. Four piece string ensemble? A gourmet version of their favourite meal? It’s all possible at the Burj Al Arab, check out the video below and visit the Burj Al Arab romance site for more information.
We’ve listed our top places to propose here.
1. Everyone has a romantic film they just can’t get enough of. Rope in some friends and act out a scene from their favourite movie on camera, with a proposal surprise at the end. Then, suggest a movie night! Be sure to have popcorn and a huge fuzzy blanket on hand.
How did you propose or how were you proposed to? Share your stories below! Or if you’re in the mood to shop engagement rings, we have a list of our favourites on Pinterest.