As you may have noticed, we are over flowing with Christmas cheer here at Calm Your Beans! And we are hoping that you are full of beans about Christmas too.
But we know that not everyone out there is as excited about Christmas as we are. So to avoid you getting humbugs thrown at you when you suggest putting Christmas tunes on in the office, or being met with disgruntled grumbles when you try to drag your very own scrooge out for some pressie buying fun, we thought we would give you some handy suggestions to help you spread the Christmas cheer!
1. Christmas Cards - December is here that means it is time to get your Christmas cards sent! There is no better way to remind people that it is time for Christmas than with a shower of glitter from an envelope containing a card emblazoned with a cute robin/penguin/reindeer/other Christmas cute thing and a heartfelt MERRY CHRISTMAS! To really get your rellys excited about Christmas remember to write in your cards with gold or silver pen for that extra Christmassy feel.
2. Make Christmas Treats - The easiest way to win people over at Christmas (and in life) is to go for the gut, literally! Fill them up with some delicious Christmas goodies; no one can resist a yummy treat even if it is shaped like Santa! Why not try making these gorgeous Reindeer cupcakes. I bet they’ll feel the Christmas cheer once they’ve had a bite of Rudolf and if not they may just get a giggle out of eating up their much loathed Christmas character.
3. Gather The Family - We all know that there’s more to Christmas than presents and food. It’s about spending quality time with the ones we love, so why not rally the troops and get the whole family together to start the festivities? Who says you have to wait until Christmas day; have a Christmas craft party, go ice skating, drink mulled wine. With all your friends and family around, your Scrooge can’t avoid the cheer for long. And if your loved ones can’t be with you this festive season, there is no need to leave them out of all this Christmas cheer we’re spreading; arrange a virtual get together and have an online video chat maybe that will put a smile on the Grinch’s face!
4. Through the Eyes of a Child - Remember when you were small and there was nothing more magical than Christmas? Well that’s what you need to show people in order to spread the Christmas cheer! Got friends and family with kids, or children of your own? Take advantage of their youth and innocence to spread some Christmas cheer, spend the day writing letters to Santa, do some Christmas baking, sing Christmas carols, bring the magic back to Christmas! No one can resist Christmas cheer when it comes in an adorable child shaped package.
5. Get Your Tinsel Out - When all else fails and those around you are just not getting into the swing of Christmas, there is only one thing for it, force it upon them! Get the Christmas music on, wrap everything you can find in some tinsel and crack open the mince pies! If that doesn’t work mulled wine will do the trick; if you can’t fill your loved ones with Christmas cheer you can fill them with mulled wine instead! Then you can get your Christmas on all day long and they won’t care a bit.
Merry Christmas Everybody, get spreading that Christmas cheer!